We have longstanding relationships with Lake Orion and Oakland County social service providers. Below is a list of some of the organizations that we support. Please follow the links to their websites or contact us if you would like to get involved.
- Love In the Name of Christ of North Oakland County (Love INC) is a non-profit cooperative effort that links churches, volunteers, and service agencies and helps them organize their efforts to reach out to the poor and disadvantaged. St. Mary’s currently hosts two critical ministries as part of the Love INC family of churches. We are the location for the Clothes Closet which provides low cost clothing to people in need. We are also the collection place for food donations for the Love INC pantry.
- Community Meals – We participate with several other churches in the area to provide a free meal every Monday night at the United Methodist Church of Lake Orion.
- Lighthouse of Oakland County- One of the primary focuses of the Lighthouse programs is to provide transitional housing for women and children for a period of up to two years while those families get themselves back on track.
- CROP Hunger Walk- Several churches in our community sign up walkers and work together to organize a day of walking to raise awareness and funds for international relief and development, as well as local hunger-fighting.
- Oxford / Orion FISH – We have a monthly food collection to support this local food distribution agency. We also participate in AngelFISH, which provides Christmas gifts to children who might not otherwise receive gifts.
- Crossroads of Michigan – A soup kitchen and clothing necessities distribution agency. St. Mary’s hosts a mid-day meal annually.
- South Oakland Shelter (SOS)- They partner with over sixty faith-based organizations and individual volunteers dedicated to breaking the cycle of homelessness. Each week, one of these communities of faith open their hearts and doors to provide shelter, meals, transportation, recreation, and compassion to homeless men, women, and children.
- Episcopal Relief and Development – The international aide body of our church.